Wednesday, September 2, 2009

3 Word Wednesday

The prompts at 3WW today are: luster, threat, and glare.

Terror begins to overwhelm me.
Headaches, nausea, aches and pains.
The luster of happiness cracked under stress.
With no way to defend myself,
I tremble in the face of the threat.
It feels like I am under hot lights,
Sweating through their glare.
Fear and loathing coats my skin,
Leaving an oily stain on my soul.


We found out last night that there may be some issues with us adopting our son. Think good thoughts for us, January can't come soon enough.

17 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

My hopes and prayers for you through this.

anthonynorth said...

You can feel the tension in this. I hope all goes well for you.

Anya Padyam said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts!

Loved the piece... and it shows the tension's presence!

Hope all goes well!

Sepiru Chris said...

Leaving an oily stain on my soul...

powerful stuff

gautami tripathy said...

It will be alright. Hugs!

it was not a dream, certainly not a memory

Sarah said...

thoughts and prayers are with the both of you! Let me know if you need me.

Americanising Desi said...

my wishes and thoughts all for you!

hope it goes well!

The Glare of Threat

maglomaniac said...

I can feel the pain.
We are mostly placed at such positions in life,but thats when we take control.
All would be well.
Take care

~Harsha

Lucy said...

those issues would of course cause the feelings you so brilliantly described.
I pray things go well.. thinking positive thoughts.

Jeeves said...

My prayers with you

Stan Ski said...

Hoping for a happy January...

Sherri B. said...

Sending prayers that all goes well...after seeing what prompted you to write this poem, it became even more meaningful.

Andy Sewina said...

Very nicely written!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Asleep On My Feet said...

Adoption rhymes with good option!

PJD said...

good thoughts sent your way.

Powerful poem, very strong word choices.

Tumblewords: said...

Powerful expressions. Good luck!

Clare2e said...

I was just wondering how you were doing, and now I find out. Hope that charged poem helped bleed out some of your own tension. My fingers and toes are crossed!