Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Critique Group

My critique group meets tonight. I’m a little worried about it though. Karin has found this amazing group to work with, but I was uncomfortable with them (okay, not exactly them, but the children that were there.) They seem to be helping her out so much though, and my group is sketchy at best.

Karin decided to go with me two weeks ago (one week after I had totaled my new car). I hadn’t gone the week before because I was a little busy heeling up, but when we got to the meeting place, the doors were locked and the lights were off. I called the “leader” of our little group and she told me that they thought I had quit since I wasn’t there the week before. I explained to her what happened and she told me I could come back again tonight.

Now, to me, I was hoping for something more along the lines of, “We’re glad you didn’t quit! You have some good insight and we want you to participate.” But no, I was given permission to attend again… if I brought Karin… hmmm. What does that say about my writing? Doesn’t make me feel worth a damn.

Oh, well, I’m off to internet land to search for any contests going on right now. Oh, and I guess I should get back to work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that's NOT what she said, you crazy kook!

Anyway, your stuff is great and you know it. Even if you are a perv :)

a morbid perv, even!

Crystal Phares said...

Number one, I know I am crazy. I relish the fact.

Number two, I may be a morbid perv, but you are the one who likes to read my stuff, so what does that make you?

LOL!

Travis Erwin said...

It is hard to find that perfect group. One that teaches you something but also has people and an environment that is comfortable. And of course the group has to feel you bring something to the table as well.

I've been in some horrible ones and some great ones. Lately life has been getting in the way from me feeling good about my writing or my crit group. I jsut can't get in the groove.