Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm BACK!

I have never been so glad to be in an airplane as I was on Friday night. We landed at about 8:15, my amazing hubby was waiting for me at the gate. We went and visited my parents and my brothers who were both home from college, then...we went to Hastings for the midnight release.

Don't tell me you don't know what midnight release. Twilight. I'll say it again and again, it's not a 'cult,' it's a following. I'm sticking to that. And yes, I dragged my weary self with luggage into our house at a little after one in the morning. Threw my suitcase on the couch, pulled the movie out of the bag, ripped that puppy open, stuck it into the DVD player in the bedroom and fell asleep listening to the dulcet tones of Edward. (I think hubby may banish this movie from the sleepy time routine!)

Saturday, oh Saturday, what the hell did we do on Saturday? Oh, yeah, hubby had a hockey game and my youngest brother and I taped and painted the living room. Well, half of it anyways, it's going to be two colors. Sunday, finished painting the living room and touching up the hallway, it is so pretty. Then, I got to go and buy new clothes. How fun is that.

I'm still super exhausted from a week in El Paso. It wasn't a bad place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay for any real length of time. There are some shady characters there. I got to visit some amazing museum's and eat the best food I've ever had (I love all things hot and spicy), but I was more than ready to come home.

So how did everyone else spend their spring break?

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Working like a dog.

Sarah said...

Good to have ya back. Now take a break! You are making me tired!

Unknown said...

I didn't go to sleep until 4:00 Friday Morning.. stupid midnight release.. and what else.. oh yeah.. Writing.Oh and then I watched Twilight again on Saturday night.