Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday Scribblings on a Windy Monday

The prompt at Sunday Scribblings today is: Well, we're all as old as we have ever been, and we're all at different stages of considering the aging process. What thoughts do you have on the subject?

I’m older than I ever thought I would be. I feel older than I am some days, and others, I don’t know how old I really am. Life is funny that way. Sometimes things happen, and weigh a person down, dragging at their hopes and dreams, until all they feel is lonely, detached and hollow. Days like those are when I feel the oldest. I ache those days, not just mentally, but physically I hurt. Then there are times when life goes your way. You waste a dollar on a scratch off lottery ticket and have to rush home and wake your husband up from his nap to confirm that you did just win $250. Days when the sunshine rains down on your, the air is calm and you can take a break to play with your dog in the backyard, those are the young days. The day you cross the street to go swing in the park and your husband pushes you higher and higher, when you lean back and get dizzy from staring up at the swaying sky, those are the carefree days – days when the world doesn’t strike out at you. Dizzy, sunny, laughing days.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

so so true Crystal!
Today I am having one of those feeling old days but tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful out and i just feel like taking your cue and finding a swing to swing on!
thanks for the happy feeling! :)

floreta said...

nice! we should all have young days no matter what age we are at!

Unknown said...

I too like the days when I can remember having fun! It's fun to be a kid sometimes!

Dee Martin said...

I am at a place in my life where I can't for the life of me figure out how I got to be so old on the outside when my inside is the same person as always! This post captures some of that so well - thanks for sharing!