Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad Girl Monday

Today’s Bad Girl Calendar Entry

Bad Girl Business Lingo 101


I’d like to build on your point… = I disagree, but you’re my boss.
We’re launching another major initiative = Your life will be a nightmare for the next six months.
I was out doing competitive research = I was shopping.
We need to think outside the box = We’re desperate.
Thanks, I’ll take that into consideration = Your ideas are stupid and you don’t matter.
We’ll do some qualitative research = I’ll ask my wife.
This is mission critical = Your ass is on the line.
Due diligence! = I have an MBA!
CC me on everything = I don’t trust you for a second.
We have a change in strategy = We have no idea what we’re doing.


So, that is today’s to do list – learn to translate the Buzzwords. We start our classes tomorrow night and I am still a little bit freaked out. The In-Laws and I got into it this weekend because I don’t want the entire family knowing what is going on right now, and they think I should take out a billboard evidently. I feel bad that I am this upset with them… I love them a tremendous amount, but they can’t see my point. One phone call is all it would take to ruin our chances. I’m not secure enough right now to allow that to happen. So, everyone can be mad at me as long as they keep their mouths shut.

I had a dream last night that left me in tears this morning… good tears, but still tears… I don’t know how to feel about it, but I am trying to work through that. Wish hubby and I luck with class tomorrow. I think he is almost as nervous as I am.

1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

Good luck to you on the class and I enjoyed the Bad Girl "CC me on everything" one. So true.